Spring term 2017 curriculum
- We will be focusing on diary writing about Florence Nightingale, the Plague and the Great Fire of London.
- After half term, our focus will be on non-fiction writing about Space.
- They will be creating their own non-fiction booklet about the planets, moon landing and famous
- The children will be using suffixes – ing, ed, er, est and ly, using commas in lists, contracted and possessive apostrophes, writing in the correct tense and beginning to use a
- We are continuing to practise forming our letters correctly as well as starting to join letters together.
- Your child will have a guided reading session each week and will bring home 2 new reading books to practice with you.
- Class spellings are to be practised every day at home and will be tested every two weeks.
- Weeks 1 & 2 – Number and Place Value
- Weeks 3 & 4 – Addition and Subtraction
- Weeks 5 & 6 – Multiplication and Division
- Weeks 7 & 8 – Fractions
- Weeks 9 & 10 – Measurement
- Weeks 11 & 12 – Shape
- Weeks 13 & 14 – Position and Statistics
- We will be learning about suitability of materials and how materials can be
- We will be linking this with our work on the Great Fire of London and planet surfaces
- We are continuing to focus on our Growth Mindset and how it prepares us for our
- We are beginning our new PSHE resource called JIGSAW. This term our themes are dreams and goals and healthy me!
- The children will continue to develop their fitness, whilst improving skills and techniques involving gymnastics, athletics and games.
- We will be developing our skills in collage and printing through a wide range of techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- This will be linked to our work on the Great fire of London and the planets