Spring term 2017 curriculum
This term Reception are continuing to focus on traditional tales. So far we have explored The Little Red Hen, The Enormous Turnip and The Elves and the Shoemarker. The children have really enjoyed the stories and have been very creative. We have made bread, soup, art work and grown some cress.
The children will be given the opportunity to experience a wide range of planned activities during the day. Activities are linked to our planning document Development Matters and cover the areas of:
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Understanding of the World.
We have now started to read red ditties. The homework which will come home every Friday will be linked to the words and speed sounds we have learnt and practiced throughout the week. Please use these to reinforce your childs learning and encourage them to look for the sounds when you are out and about.
- Please make sure all uniform is labelled. We recommend short sleeve shirts as the children are always playing in the water, mud and sand.
- In Reception we do try and take the children out in all weather, please make sure they have a named coat with them every day.
- Please practise doing up zips/buttons at home and getting dressed as this will help when your child attends swimming lessons.
Going for gold...
- Our behaviour system aims to reward the children for making good choices throughout the day.
- As a whole school focus we are working on growth mindset and this is supported through our behaviour systems encouraging children for example, to give it a go, always improve and making them aware that it is ok to make mistakes.
Key days for Reception this term:
- Thursday and Friday – P.E. Day
- Friday – Homework Day
- Wednesday – swimming (for the 9 key children)